Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thing 9:Part 2


UK mosaic
Originally uploaded by
TheNonLibrarian

This feels like deja vu all over again. So - more photo sharing tools. The mosaic maker over at BigHugeLabs.com is cool, but a bit irking. Look at the pic of Big Ben immediately to the right of this! Trust me, that is not the way I took that picture. I'm not really happy with the pic of York Minster in the center either - it would be nice if they would let you select the part of the picture you want in the mosaic. One of my coworkers actually found a practical application for this! She puts up pictures of her kids on the shelving above her desk - this allowed her to put up a lot of pics, but not use as much space. I thought it was a great idea!

I did not create a slideshow, as Blogger and Flickr helped me make some for my blog already - the results are towards the bottom right of my page. It's really easy to do, and a great way to share a bunch of pictures without uploading them all to a page.

The database thing I like. I was just working on a dystopia/cyberpunk/steampunk teen reading list for a workshop I was supposed to go to tomorrow. I was just planning on printing a list and handing it out, but having it online would be a great resource - especially if I post a link to it on our webpage! Part of me likes the ability to let others edit, but that also means you have to keep an eye on the list to make sure no one messes it up. More to come as I explore this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker