Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thing 7: Image Generators



This is an image generated using a website called http://www.sp-studio.de/. It's pretty interesting too, because the owner of the site does talk about copyright infringement - but not of him violating the creator's rights - no, it was of people ripping off his creations. However, the website is free, and supposedly does not generate revenue, so that may be how he gets around it. It's a fun little activity, but of no use that I can tell. No- I don't have ice blue hair, but it would be wicked if I did.

One of the other ones, ToonDoo, does have its uses for me. I teach an anime class every summer at my library - my degree is in animation - and I think this would be the perfect tool to help expand the class a bit. Kids could learn how to set up a comic strip without having to worry about drawing ability. It could teach them punchlines and planning - and then when they wanted to start drawing their own comics, it would be an easier transition! Plus it could be an eye-catching way for us to advertise upcoming teen events.


[This is based on an actual phone conversation I had at the library - well, the first two frames anyway - the third is what I really wanted to say. Btw - you can click the image to see it full-sized (I know it's a little hard to read this way).]

This last image generator I found through the Generator Blog. The actual generator can be found at http://www.says-it.com/softdrink/. I thought it was a cute way to advertise, though my blog name is a bit long for the can. Ah well, what can you do?

With such a variety of generators, I'm sure we could use them for adverts for any number for programs. They could be fun activities for our teen users too - we could have them go to the website, generate an image, and then post it onto an open blog...hmm... I can see some possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    I invite you to also try Pixton.com - an award-winning online comic strip creator.

    You can design every aspect of your character, and move it into any pose you want. All you have to do is click-and-drag to change or reposition any part of it - the creative and artistic possibilities are endless!

    Share with friends, post to blog or remix comics to add your own twist. Read comics in over 40 languages, with our automatic translation by Google. Language filters, privacy settings, and flagging mechanisms help preserve a safe online environment.

    Try it out and let us know what you think, sign-up is free!

    Best wishes,

    Clive Goodinson
    Creator of Pixton - Interactive Web Comics

    ReplyDelete

 
eXTReMe Tracker