Friday, January 23, 2009

Thing 3 - Blog Search!

I have to admit - I only gave this thing the feeblest of tries. Normally, the blogs I read are for enjoyment only, and I find them from following links on other blogs. I've written (and am currently writing) other blogs, to which I have added trackers - and believe me, the searches that people do that lead them to my blogs are astounding. Seemingly innocent words in posts, when connected form some interesting search terms.

So I decided to do an experiment. I did the same search using Google blog search, Technorati, and Ice Rocket. My first general search "animation", did not yield any results worth reading. So I decided to do "library", and oddly enough the first hits weren't for any actually libraries like I thought. So - to try to be more specific, I searched "neflin library". Google was the only one that came up with Neflin's 23 things blog - probably because Blogger is a Google tool. Ice Rocket came up with BlahBlahBlah, but as I looked farther, the 23 things didn't even show up on the second search page. But what I did notice, especially when I did a later search of "Obama", is that Google seems to come up with more news-type blogs than the other two.

Not really a tool I see using much. Maybe I need to play around with it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker